Monday, July 13, 2009

Gail Carson Levine

I have read a lot of Levine's books, so instead of having a separate review for each of them, I figured I would put them all in one post, with a short review of each.


Fairest
I loved Fairest! I found Aza, the main character, very fun and interesting. She figures out that she has a "power" that she calls illusing, where she can "throw" her voice into other people and things. I also enjoyed seeing her grow in the book. I recommend this to young adult readers especially.






The Two Princesses of Bamarre


This is also another masterpiece. I love the relationship between the two princesses, Addie and Maryl. When a plague called the Gray Death hits Bamarre Addie must find courage to save her kingdom, and her sister. Very, very good! YA mostly for this one too.



And of course....





Ella Enchanted

If you haven't read Ella Enchanted, you HAVE to. It is a beautiful book about Ella of Frell, who, when she is born is cursed. She has to do whatever anyone says to her, and she can't stop herself. Ella sets out to find the fairy that gave her the obedience curse, and finds herself on an exciting adventure! Great for all ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment